When you take a look back at the history of electronics, then you will notice how far we have come, and there are so many things that are still going on to make the world a better place. Experiments in modern electronics to the latest inventions in the electronics field, almost everything takes place due to some basic concepts that most of the beginners in the electrical field might not be aware of, but don’t worry, we are here to solve your problem. If I were to name a few, then they include electrical current, voltage, resistance, capacitance, and inductance. But, they are not only limited to them.
The field of electronics and primarily due to the experiments in modern electronics, we have seen a rapid increase in how things function. Learning about electronics and inventing new things is in fashion these days. People are trying hard to make the use of electronics to make technology much stronger and efficient. So, to clear some things up, I thought of making some basic concepts of electronics transparent, so that you face no problems while doing some latest inventions in the electronics field. Let us jump on them and take an overview of these basic concepts.
1. Direct Current or DC: This is one of the most popular forms of electrical current. First of all, it is a unidirectional supply. Most of the times DC is produced by power supplies, batteries, dynamos and solar cells. They operate on a fixed magnitude, and the case is similar in their direction. They also do not change their value with time.
In simple language, DC maintains the same value for all times. The supply is also constant and unidirectional. It does not change or become negative. The condition remains the same until the connections are reversed physically.
2. Amplifier: Now, you might have heard about amplifier and don’t find it strange. In simple terms, it is a circuit whose task is to produce and also increase the version of the input signal. In electronics, small amplifiers are used mostly because they have the ability to amplify a small amount of input signal with ease. The classification of amplifiers is done on the basis of their size of the signal, their physical configuration and also the processes of the input signal. There are several types of amplifiers, including operational amplifiers, small signal amplifiers, significant signal and power amplifiers.
3. Alternating Current or AC: Now, this one is wholly contrasted to Direct Current. In practical terms, it is the same current that is transferred to businesses and residencies in the form of electric power. Everything from our kitchen appliances, televisions, to fans and electric lamps, run on alternating current. It is known for periodically reversing its direction and not remain in the same one like Direct Current. The reason behind supplying the electricity in alternating current form is that it can be controlled using a transformer. So, no need to be worried about the excess, but it is always safe to be precautious.
4. Inductor: Now, when you read about electromagnetism, you often hear the word conductor. But, have you heard about inductor? Well, it is nothing but a passive electrical component which consists of a coil, and it takes advantage of magnetism and electricity when an electric current passes through the coil. It is also referred to as choke in many book issues. They are made with wire tightly wrapped around a solid central core. The shape of the inductor may vary and can be a straight cylindrical rod or a continuous loop or ring.
5. Digital Logic Gates: Now, this is one of those concepts that often make the lives of students happy or really sad. They can be more comfortable for someone to understand and for someone don’t. They are nothing but components that can have more than one input but only have one digital output. They can be brought together to construct combinational or sequential circuits. There are two primary families which you must know, and they are Transistor-Transistor Logic, and the other one is Complementary Metal-Oxide-Silicon.
There are several other concepts of electronics, and we will be coming back to explain to you some more of them soon.